This is a must have in my house for the holiday season!
SNOWBALL SURPRISE COOKIES
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
½ cup sugar
1 (6-ounce package) chocolate Hershey’s Kisses
- Blend first five ingredients well in a large mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour until dough is firm.
- About 10 minutes before baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wrap enough dough around each unwrapped kiss to cover completely and shape into a ball OR if you can not get the ball shape around the kiss…. roll the dough into a ball and place it on the cookie sheet. Then lightly push the Hershey kiss into the dough (about 1 or 2 cm down so it will stay in place while cooking)
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Roll in confectioners sugar while still warm. (or if you made it with the Hershey kiss on top shift powered sugar over top of the cookie while still warm)
- Store in an air-tight container.