This indulgent candy is a marriage of two popular junk food staples. Crispy, salty potato chips are covered in bittersweet chocolate to produce a candy that is smooth yet crunchy, sweet yet savory, and undeniably delicious!
- 24 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- One 16-ounce bag ridged potato chips (like Ruffles)
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and set aside.
2. Place the chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave it in one-minute increments until melted, stirring after every minute to prevent overheating.
3. Using a large pastry brush or clean basting brush, dip the bristles in the melted chocolate and paint one side of a potato chip with a thin layer of chocolate. Place the chip chocolate-side up on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Repeat the painting with the remaining chocolate and chips. Depending on how thickly you paint on the chocolate, you may have chips left over.
5. Allow the chips to sit until the chocolate is set. You can refrigerate the chips for 10 minutes to accelerate the process, but don’t keep them in the refrigerator longer than that or they might become soggy. These chips are best eaten soon after they are made, to preserve the fresh crunchiness of the chips.
6. This candy is also easily created by purchasing Baker’s cups of chocolate and dipping the chips one at a time.